American Maritime Holdings (AMH) was formed by acquiring the stock of Marine Hydraulics International (MHI) and Técnico Corporation (Técnico), but there is much more to our story.
In early 2005, a growing friendship between the principals of Marine Hydraulics International and Técnico Corporation fostered discussions about how to make 1+1 =3. Técnico and MHI had successfully partnered on MSMO Prime Contracts with the U.S. Navy and on projects with commercial vessels for many years. In a competitive environment where skilled trades are always in short supply along with the escalating cost of business, a strategic alliance seemed worth exploration. Both companies were successful by any measure on their own.
It was an added benefit that these two companies and their principals shared many of the same values and goals. Both organizations were employee owned companies. After an extended courtship, due diligence, and lots of time with the attorneys a deal was constructed that met the needs of all involved.
Now under the AMH banner, the clients of each of our independent brands: Marine Hydraulics International, Técnico Corporation and Ocean Marine Yacht Center can provide many cost saving and service performance benefits to their customers and clients including:
- Greater Waterfront Presence
- Stronger and improved economic stability
- Improved growth opportunities through better access to debt capital
- Reduced cost for Health Care, Insurance, Banking, etc.
- Workforce stability as a result of coordinated work share allocations on awarded contracts
- Exchange of Best Practices between companies to improve processes and the bottom line
Each branded entity, Marine Hydraulics, Inc., Técnico Corporation and Ocean Marine Yacht Center maintain their separate identities and operations.